Search the forum,

Discuss Silicon sealing a back to the wall WC pan in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

The pan is screwed down using a Screwfix/Rawlplug fitting kit and I have sealed the pan to the wall tiles.

My question is: Do I need to also seal the pan to the floor tiles?

I think it looks neater without silicon to the floor tiles and it would create a sealed void should the cistern inlet or pan outlet pipes ever leak in the future, but I am also aware that although the pan feels very secure it might flex in the future and break the rear wall seal.

Advice would be welcomed.

Tbh normally do a clear as people tend to mop there floors in a bathroom

I always run a small bead of clear round it. Us boys have a history of missing, prevents smells from unreachable places.

Yes of course run a bead of Sillycon for loads of reasons,
1. It will take up the faults in the a..Floor b. the pan
2. Seal it against water, mopping and boys that are off aim
I know all this stuff is Solid but floors and buildings do move and
sillycon might just help out....do NOT buy cheap stuff only buy
the best ...esp. with the anti spore stuff......centralheatking
huh no new bog pan base is ever level and if it was then the floor will not
its called reality ...chking and it will absorb the weight of heavy people

Last edited:

Reply to Silicon sealing a back to the wall WC pan in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My sister bought a new build property which has wall hung toilets, NK by Noke Porcelona The pans are all moving enough for the silicone sealant to fail across the top of the pan and if you put a bit of weight on it it opens up by about 5mm. They've been in use (light use 4 toilets in a holiday...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We've got a toilet that's been leaking due to a faulty seal with the pan connector. We've had a plumber in to replace the pan connector, but it hasn't done anything to fix the leak (and has cost us over £200). The plumber has told us that it can't be fixed due to the height of the old...
Replies
Views
I have bought a new close-coupled WC that will be installed by a plumber. The plumber and I are currently in discussion about how it should be connected to the drain hole in the concrete floor. The situation is as follows. The technical drawing of the manufacturer (Armitage Shanks) indicates...
Replies
Views
Hi, just installing a wall hung toilet on a grohe duofix frame + hardie + metro tiles. All fine so far, just pushed the pan on rods and tightened as test run before attaching flush pipe and waste. When fully tightened I can still lift the pan up slightly I.e. bottom of pan comes away from...
Replies
Views
Hi I had to remove the glass panels from this quadrant shower cubicle and I'm struggling to get one of the screens back in place properly. The small glass panel is supposed to slide into the wall channel, and some holes in the side of the channel (inside the cubicle) should align with some...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock