Search the forum,

Discuss Sign Writing on vans in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jock Spanners

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Good afternoon eveyone,

I've never bothered to have my vans sign written - mainly because I know so many tradesmen who've had them broken into. I feel (rightly or wrongly) that it's like painting "Rob Me!" on the side. Possibly I'm being paranoid. Can anyone persuade me it's a good idea?

Jock

Depends if you want people phoning you up for work it's free advertising

And tbh any van these days are targeted esp if you have a ford

Erm , Its swings and roundabouts pal , you look professional turning up in one , it may get you work , but yes little scrotes love bending your doors and nicking your gear .
Mines signwritten , but on the next swap , I probably wont bother.

I have never bothered but does look professional i will admit personal choice really kop.

Magnetic signs matey. Put em on in the morning - free advertising, take em off at teatime - smackrats don't know you've a van full of Milwaukee!

I would not agree that it makes you look professional. the work that you do ensures that

I would not agree that it makes you look professional. the work that you do ensures that
The key word there is LOOK, people in general make their mind up about other people within the first two minutes, that is a proven fact.

I find it does create work as the neighbours get nosy when you're working next door to them, my one piece of advice is never put your land line number on it or expect phone calls late Sunday nights! Magnets are good, removable and transferable so if you get a new van you wont have to fork out on new signage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sign Writing on vans in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good Afternoon all, I am hopeful someone may be able to offer some guidance on the following. In the home we have a gas boiler (serviced annually, October time) providing hot water to the CH system which is split into 3 zones (Honeywell 2-way valves) and it also heats the HW tank (Tribune...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by the survey. I have had loads of plumbers over, and have always carefully checked their reviews/tried to vet them as much as possible. However, I've had...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by saying I'd rather not read 100 "Hire a professional comments", I will do that when/if it comes to it, but I'd like to do it myself if possible. All images for system here: https://*********/a/ngPQkre Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
We had the bathrooms replaced when we moved in 2 years ago. This involved 2x bathrooms and 1x WC. Within the first few weeks, we noticed leaking from the en-suite down into the reception room and the fitter promptly came and repaired it, it was something to do with the area under the sink. We...
Replies
Views
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/05/12/the-heat-pump-farce-has-finally-been-exposed/?li_source=LI&li_medium=liftigniter-rhr I realise not many have a sub to Telegraph (neither do I) but this is the article in full. As for the statement by BG, I haven't corroborated it but it seems an odd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock