Search the forum,

Discuss Siemens two port valve problems! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sasik

Hi

Is any of you had any problems with Siemens motorised valves?
My client have an "S" plan system and one of the motorised valves (heating) is shut all the time. When I try to put it in the "open" position manually it won't stay! and the boiler won't come on.The other valve (cylinder) seems to work fine (open/shut automatically).For some reason the boiler won't come on at all when the valve for the heating is shut but the valve for the cylinder is open,why? The only way I could get the dam thing to work (temporarily) was to tie the faulty valve in the open position just to keep the boiler running at the weekend.

Your
thought
please

Faulty valve! when I try to put in the open position manually it won't stay open. Can it be repaired or I need new valve?

Thanks sasi

(heating) is shut all the time.
is it getting power from stat ?
if yes is the motor faulty in the valve ?

When I try to put it in the "open" position manually it won't stay! and the boiler won't come on.
but you say later on the only way to get boiler on is tie it in open position.
it either fires up or it don't.

The other valve (cylinder) seems to work fine (open/shut automatically).

For some reason the boiler won't come on at all when the valve for the heating is shut but the valve for the cylinder is open,why?

if the cylinder stat is calling and the valve is opening is their power on the orange ?

no power on the orange then the microswitch is faulty or you haven't got perm live on the grey.

heating and cylinder zone valves need to be checked on seperate circuits as they don't have nothing to do with each other like a mid position wiring.

Hi sonray

Thanks for you reply. what I meant (second quote) is, the small lever on the valve won't stay in the open position as it should so I had to tie it. Only then the boiler will fire.

thanks sasi

Hi sonray

for some reason it won't clip into the "open" position. Any reason for that?

Thanks

maybe someones forced it before and its broke etc.

as for the boiler kicking in.
the lever on the side is a means of opening the valve when draining or refilling system.
the boiler will fire up when the motor opens the valve because it opens the valve a few mm more than when you open it manual.

if you remove cover it will not activate the microswitch by hand but does by the motor.

Hi sasik,

Yes have experienced this problem before on siemens 2 ports. You can lock open to manual which should send permanent live to the boiler but the contact doesn't make!!! if you hold it over into manual it works but clipped into position seems to have too greater separation in the contacts to form the connection. This is a fault that we have experienced and does result in changing the valve. As a temp measure linking the brown to orange (stat call to switched live) and removing head and switching to open would enable a customer to maintain some control,although this would need explaining to the customer
regards rogerp

Regards Rogerp

Think it'll be sorted from 2009 mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Siemens two port valve problems! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock