Search the forum,

Discuss SiamP interal wall Flush not filling in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Help..... So we have an internal filled SiamP toilet push panel flush toilet system. My Son has just used the toilet and flushed it fine and then went and washed his hands. When I went to flush it after him it flushes fine but wont fill!! If you however turn on the sink or bathroom cold water tap the internal concealed toilet cistern fills up again!! Any advice or help appreciated 🙏

Sounds like a float valve issue, can you remove an access panel?
Thanks for the response....I contacted removed the flush plate and then the fixtures to gain access , it was there I saw that there was water dripping/leaking from the plastic nut on the float valve. SiamP said it would be a faulty rubber diaphragm or it wasn't tight enough. A plumber came out and fitted a spare rubber diaphragm ( the original did have a tear in the rubber seal) and the concealed cistern fills OK but now the water doesn't stop filling up and goes into the internal overflow. He has taken the full float vavle fixture with him to source a full replacement part....😒

I used to fit new diaphragms in those , but no more , they are **** , bin em .
Do you mean the actual diaphragms are crap or the actual SiamP systems themselves townfanjon. I'm shocked as was all part of a new bathroom suite fit in Jan 2019. Like I said the diaphragm seemed to stop the leak under the float valve screen on plastic nut but the actual float valve then wouldn't stop the water level and was overflowing...arghhhh
Replacement float valve next ...looks like the 95l float valve full unit swap out. It couldn't have been another faulty diaphragm that the plumber tried could it ?

Do you mean the actual diaphragms are crap or the actual SiamP systems themselves townfanjon. I'm shocked as was all part of a new bathroom suite fit in Jan 2019. Like I said the diaphragm seemed to stop the leak under the float valve screen on plastic nut but the actual float valve then wouldn't stop the water level and was overflowing...arghhhh
Replacement float valve next ...looks like the 95l float valve full unit swap out. It couldn't have been another faulty diaphragm that the plumber tried could it ?
I am surprised the diaphragm has split after only 2 years , I probably have 50/50 success with them so its more economical for the customers and myself to just bin them .
The siamp systems are still very popular mainly because they are cheap and to be fair are good value for money but personally I try keep away from them .

Finally we have a working toilet.... so my plumber bought the equivalent float valve 95l replacement unit but it actually wasn't needed!! I went to screfiz and bought one of their diaphragms and we then used that with the existing float valve, it initially didn't stop the water and started to go into the internal overflow only for the plumber to realise he had put the float valve arm that clips onto the valve itself and the grey adjustable screw to control the float box on the outside and not the inside ....problem solved and a working toilet.
So a split diagphram was the culprit... poor quality built items if you ask me!!

Further to this we had the SiamP diaphragm replaced and it worked for a other few days before AGAIN failing on filling once flushed 😡. I isolated the water in the internal cistern and then removed the SiamP float valve unit...cleaned it all and diaphragm AGAIN then put back together and it worked again , all bet it struggling to fill. I'd had enough so decided to go down the Floatmaster full Fill valve route and hey presto haven't had an issue with flushing or filling the internal cistern since. 👌🤞
Seems like Flowmaster are better than SiamP for float valves and more reliable as well according to other forums on the net

Are you on about the screw fix ones, or fluidmaster? If the latter, then they have been around longer than Siamp.
Apologies "Undertrained" Basically the SiamP diagphram and the float valves themselves. Fluidmaster float valves were recommended on other forums over SiamP for better build quality and reliability. Seems to have done the trick on our internal cistern 🤞👍

I have found that aftermarket diaphragms are rubbish. If you use a genuine one (around £5 +vat) then it sorts the problem.

Reply to SiamP interal wall Flush not filling in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock