From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss ShowerPowerBooster Ltd Now Sponsor PlumbersForums.net!! in the Forum Sponsor News / Offers area at PlumbersForums.net

OffshoreGas

OffshoreGas

How much air do you think is in a cylinder :D
Well you've pointed out air being drawn in from the vent, the manufacturers seem to suggest gas break out. Just curios what harm it does. I skimmed the MI's which said wasn't required rather than mustn't be fitted.

I've never seen the need to install one on any domestic pump installation. I've installed hundreds of pumps and never had an issue. Don't forget that manufacturers only reccomend them, if they was the be all and end all then they would be mandatory.
I'm not certain you'd know unless you did a back to back test, shower pumps aren't the quietest at the best of times.

ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Well you've pointed out air being drawn in from the vent, the manufacturers seem to suggest gas break out. Just curios what harm it does. I skimmed the MI's which said wasn't required rather than mustn't be fitted.

I'm not certain you'd know unless you did a back to back test, shower pumps aren't the quietest at the best of times.
Yea not required on the booster

But recommend on a shower pump as it could pull through the vent

Alan Wright

Alan Wright

Official Sponsor
Curious about the angry face with Surry flange. They seem to be fairly well accepted as solving a real problem if entrained air.
Surrey flanges are a pain to me because some customers fit them and expect the pipes to be air free whatever they do. If you fit a Surrey Flange on the tank, then take the supply pipe up into the loft, across the loft, and then down to the shower, you get air trapped in the loft. There is no way the air in the pipe in the loft can be vented.
I only get involved when there is a problem and if it is a plumber who did the work they get a bit upset having spent time which they want to charge to the customer plus they do not want the customer to know they made a mistake.
If you tee off the vent pipe in the loft and then fall all the way to the shower then air is vented, you get a good shower, and you save the time and cost of fitting the Surrey Flange - :)and the plumber or customer does not need me to get involved:)

D

diptin dogshi..

Does this mean you can attach this direct to mains cold and not contravene any water bylaws? All stuart turner single impellor pumps clearly state theyre not to be connected to mains cold? Unless its a charge pump for an accumulator. What happens if theres a water disconnection in the road? Or is it possible it could pull/rob from next doors supply at peak usage times?

Alan Wright

Alan Wright

Official Sponsor
Does this mean you can attach this direct to mains cold and not contravene any water bylaws? All stuart turner single impellor pumps clearly state theyre not to be connected to mains cold? Unless its a charge pump for an accumulator. What happens if theres a water disconnection in the road? Or is it possible it could pull/rob from next doors supply at peak usage times?
A Shower Power Booster is legal because it has a very low suction pull which is also why it can be fitted near a vent pipe and it does not pull in air.
Here is a link to my page describing how it works:-

Here is a link to the relevant section of Water Bylaws:-

TonyQJ

TonyQJ

I fitted one a few months ago. Very pleased with the results although it’s a little noisier than I was expecting. Could I fit a second one in series to get an even bigger boost? Would it be worth it?

ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I fitted one a few months ago. Very pleased with the results although it’s a little noisier than I was expecting. Could I fit a second one in series to get an even bigger boost? Would it be worth it?
dont think they work like that tony

ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I’m sure I’m another post Alan said that they could be?
honestly dont know in my eye they both spin/ pump at the same speed so pressure the wont increase, flow they might but nothing you could tell and i would think would cause more restriction

best wait for alans words as i might be thinking total utter shizzmo

centralheatking

centralheatking

Esteemed
Plumber
Alan will pick this up...I will email him, but I am sure you are right about two in line...centralheatking

Reply to ShowerPowerBooster Ltd Now Sponsor PlumbersForums.net!! in the Forum Sponsor News / Offers area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

Most Viewed Threads