From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss ShowerPowerBooster Ltd Now Sponsor PlumbersForums.net!! in the Forum Sponsor News / Offers area at PlumbersForums.net

I fitted one a few months ago. Very pleased with the results although it’s a little noisier than I was expecting. Could I fit a second one in series to get an even bigger boost? Would it be worth it?

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I fitted one a few months ago. Very pleased with the results although it’s a little noisier than I was expecting. Could I fit a second one in series to get an even bigger boost? Would it be worth it?
dont think they work like that tony

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I’m sure I’m another post Alan said that they could be?
honestly dont know in my eye they both spin/ pump at the same speed so pressure the wont increase, flow they might but nothing you could tell and i would think would cause more restriction

best wait for alans words as i might be thinking total utter shizzmo

centralheatking

Esteemed
Plumber
Alan will pick this up...I will email him, but I am sure you are right about two in line...centralheatking

honestly dont know in my eye they both spin/ pump at the same speed so pressure the wont increase, flow they might but nothing you could tell and i would think would cause more restriction

best wait for alans words as i might be thinking total utter shizzmo
Pumps don’t generate pressure they generate flow/movement. It is the opposition to flow that results in pressure.

Two centrifugal pumps in series both add energy to the system resulting in increased flow.

If the two pumps are identical running at the same speed you wouldn’t double the flow rate but would still result in an increase in flow.

Alan will pick this up...I will email him, but I am sure you are right about two in line...centralheatking
Looking at this page on his site it appears so. Now I need to find out what I can buy (and how much) to upgrade my single pump system.
Post automatically merged:

Can one of these be installed between a shower valve and outlet?
Pages 5,6,7 of this pdf show the various configurations.

Last edited:
Pumps don’t generate pressure they generate flow/movement. It is the opposition to flow that results in pressure.

Two centrifugal pumps in series both add energy to the system resulting in increased flow.

If the two pumps are identical running at the same speed you wouldn’t double the flow rate but would still result in an increase in flow.
It would be interesting to see the actual increase in flow if two of these pumps are put in series service to say a shower(head). I don't really understand the pump curve provided for the showerbooster as its a straight line but just looking at the pump curve for a 6 M Grundfos UPS2 it will pump 16.7 LPM @ 5M head, if you had a shower head operating at these conditions and you ran two of these pumps in series then, if I am reading the pump curves correctly, you will pump 22.5 LPM @ 9.11M, an increase of ~ 35%.
Of course the UPS wouldn't be suitable for this purpose and that's why it would be nice to see real world numbers for the showerbooster.

It would be interesting to see the actual increase in flow if two of these pumps are put in series service to say a shower(head). I don't really understand the pump curve provided for the showerbooster as its a straight line but just looking at the pump curve for a 6 M Grundfos UPS2 it will pump 16.7 LPM @ 5M head, if you had a shower head operating at these conditions and you ran two of these pumps in series then, if I am reading the pump curves correctly, you will pump 22.5 LPM @ 9.11M, an increase of ~ 35%.
Of course the UPS wouldn't be suitable for this purpose and that's why it would be nice to see real world numbers for the showerbooster.
I stopped looking when I saw the pump curve data, bellow is a Stuart Turner Monsoon twin shower pump chosen at random. The green lines are the Stuart Turner data, The blue circles bottom left are roughly the pump data supplied for the shower power booster. It may be small but according to data supplied by Shower Power Booster the increase in pressure/flow is negligible

1568710406120.png

I gave up waiting for a reply here so phoned ‘em up. Yes, you can buy a 2nd pump which is controlled by the first one. It’s called the SP1U and simply sits in series with the other one.

I gave up waiting for a reply here so phoned ‘em up. Yes, you can buy a 2nd pump which is controlled by the first one. It’s called the SP1U and simply sits in series with the other one.
If their data is to be believed you’d need to fit 5 in series on the hot and 5 in series on the cold to get a similar effect to a normal 4 bar twin pump.

Reply to ShowerPowerBooster Ltd Now Sponsor PlumbersForums.net!! in the Forum Sponsor News / Offers area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

Plumbing and Plumbers

Plumbing Workwear

Shower Power Booster

Plumbase Spares - Plumbing Supplies and Spare Parts

Water Underfloor Heating

CORGI Direct for Plumbers

The Wetroom Store

Plumbase Spares