Search the forum,

Discuss Showerhead leak query in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

I have a shower that is fed from the cold water and hot unvented water.

It is not used at the moment (there is also a bath) but to take it out would have both cost and affect tiling so I am leaving it until more funds available for a full bathroom refurb.

If the shower was to develop a leak through the shower pipe and headset, can the shower handset be removed and something screwed into its place to stop the water flow as a temporary measure until a plumber could attend?

Thanks

Possibly could use a blanking cap?
Thanks for the suggestion.

I have just looked on Amazon and think that a "Blanking Plug Tube End Cap" may have done the job (as the blank comes out on a screw thread similar to the showerhead) but it says 0.5 inch BSP and from google a shower thread appears use 0.5 inch NPT which are not compatible so back to square 1.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I have just looked on Amazon and think that a "Blanking Plug Tube End Cap" may have done the job (as the blank comes out on a screw thread similar to the showerhead) but it says 0.5 inch BSP and from google a shower thread appears use 0.5 inch NPT which are not compatible so back to square 1.
Your profile states Sheffield, so presumably U.K.? If your shower isn’t American, then it’s 99.9% likely to be 1/2”.

Reply to Showerhead leak query in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock