Search the forum,

Discuss Shower waste trap help in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

Am a sparks and a member on what i think is the partner site to this (Electriciansforum?)

No too clued up on plumbing, first post and of course its a problem!

For whatever reason, the threaded bush part of my shower trap has cracked. There is no access from below, and to get full access to the trap would mean to remove the screen and then lift the shower tray up, which I'm trying to avoid if i can as I'll have to get someone in to do that.

Ive attached various pictures so you can see what I mean. Im trying to replace just the cracked threaded bush if I can, but have bought various traps and cannot find one exactly the same.
Its 50mm at the thread and 70mm at the opening. Ive found ones that fit, but then I cant get the original insert back in or the original cover of course.

Any ideas on how to resolve without pulling up the shower tray? Thanks in advance.

1.jpg2.jpg
3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg

Thanks for the reply.

So I wouldn't need to use the original insert part with the black rubber ring? I was under the impression that this was needed to stop the smell coming back up?

The issue I've had is trying to use different threaded pieces and then the original insert part does not fit.

Just to add, the waste trap has a little plastic toothpick/spike at the bottom of it, that the current original insert slots into, which you can see in the below picture.

39385-84b18a3b4e1e37959495ad981957ceb2.jpg

Yes you should be able to use the existing set up just use the threaded part and the new lid / cover

might just need to trim something down depending on heights

Thanks, got one that fits and will use the new internal fitment that goes with it, as well as the new lid/cover.

There is a bottom seal for underneath the shower tray, but there isn't one supplied for above the shower tray.
Would a bead of sealant suffice for the top?

Thanks, got one that fits and will use the new internal fitment that goes with it, as well as the new lid/cover.

There is a bottom seal for underneath the shower tray, but there isn't one supplied for above the shower tray.
Would a bead of sealant suffice for the top?

yep standard practice

Reply to Shower waste trap help in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock