Search the forum,

Discuss Shower waste slipping in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

I had a shower waste today which was supplied with the tray and wouldn't tighten up, just kept slipping threads. I've had a few of these before, they're always the ones in a white box and don't fit on the larger trays with thicker casting around the waste.

I spoke to another plumber about it and I think he thinks I've gone mad. I can't be the only one who has had this issue surely? It's definitely not a cross thread or waste not aligned properly issue as I've had it on new builds where you can fit them from the floor below, they go on fine, starts spinning freely for roughly 3 turns then any torque applied to compress the rubber and it just pops out of the threads.

Morning, usually it's the first thing we bin, for exactly the reason you state. Either they don't nip up or the little tabs break when you want to make it tight.
I like the MacAlpine one that has a rubber seal top and bottom, easier to tightened up and no need for silicone, although it is about £35 now!
Couple of the lads I work with like the Wirquin one, I find it a bit of a pain to fit under the tray if tight, but each to their own.

Morning, usually it's the first thing we bin, for exactly the reason you state. Either they don't nip up or the little tabs break when you want to make it tight.
I like the MacAlpine one that has a rubber seal top and bottom, easier to tightened up and no need for silicone, although it is about £35 now!
Couple of the lads I work with like the Wirquin one, I find it a bit of a pain to fit under the tray if tight, but each to their own.
Silicone 😳, putty 😁

McAlpine for me

Reply to Shower waste slipping in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock