Search the forum,

Discuss Shower waste into WC waste branch in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Guys,

Can anyone advise if there are any regulations against running a shower waste into a WC waste branch before entering the soil stack?
I have checked BS 6700 and cannot find anything relating directly to this.

The client wants to put a shower cubicle in the cupboard located next to the WC.
They cannot drill through the external wall so wish to connect the shower waste to the nearby wc waste in the next room.
The connection will be located close by to the wc so may require non return valves etc.

appreciate any advice.

Thanks,

If you can get the correct fall on the shower waste pipe and come in to the top of the toilet waste pipe or even at a 45 degree angle into the top half of the toilet waste I don't see why not.

I do not believe there are any regulations against doing that. The size and fall on the pipe is what's important and that you don't set up a crossflow situation which you wouldn't be doing.

Good point CHK. OP, how is the stack which the toilet waste connects too vented? If it is open to atmosphere that would be good.

Hi Guys,

thanks for the replies.
the wc branch runs outside externally to the open vented stack
I just wanted to confirm it isn’t against regulations to do this, due to the freeholder client cannot run shower waste externally to the stack.

With that said I’ll ensure there’s correct fall and no cross flow possibility.

Thanks

If you can run the waste from a bathroom basin direct to a coupling point on a pan connector I see no reason why not.

Reply to Shower waste into WC waste branch in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock