• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net (formerly UKPlumbersForums.co.uk). Please login with your usual username and password. Or register for free if you haven't already done so.

Discuss Shower waste elbow joint reuse in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Dilby

Reaction score
Hi all -

Digging out my downstairs bathroom concrete floor to change a shower waste for a new tray. Was hoping it to find a standard compression connection on the end but it goes to one of those ball joints and then seems to be connected to another pipe via a solvent weld through the wall. I don't fancy digging into the wall and through what looks like the damp course, so does anyone know if there's a way to connect to this ball joint that was part of the original waste instead?

Image attached - thanks!

CBW1982

Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
Personally haven’t seen one of those before, looks like a big waste for a shower. It also looks damaged around the top so recommend new piece.

snowhead

Plumber
Reaction score
The Ball joint looks to be part of the original shower waste.
Th pipe beyong the ball looks like it may be 50mm that's solvent weld to a 50 / 40 reducer, or may have come with the 40mm socket end.

It may be worth cutting just after the rounded part of the ball before it straightens to see if you can get a 50mm reducer into that.
Failing that you may be able to peel the grey (50mm?) off the reducer and solvent onto it.

Ben-gee

Plumber
Reaction score
Looks like a dallmer wetroom waste to me.
As snow head says it has a solvent weld 50/40 reducer, beyond that you have 40 pipe .

I would not try to reconnect at the balljoint, you are really pushing your luck and high chance of leaking in future.

If you don’t want to renew/ dig out any more then you will have to remove what you have from the pipe and rejoin to that.

Been covered before, but careful cutting, sharp chisel, paint stripper heat gun etc is the way to go.

Rob Foster

Reaction score
Hi all -

Digging out my downstairs bathroom concrete floor to change a shower waste for a new tray. Was hoping it to find a standard compression connection on the end but it goes to one of those ball joints and then seems to be connected to another pipe via a solvent weld through the wall. I don't fancy digging into the wall and through what looks like the damp course, so does anyone know if there's a way to connect to this ball joint that was part of the original waste instead?

Image attached - thanks!

Can you re take your piccy with a ruler accross it so we can establish its od ...looks like a tasty one ..centralheatking

Ben-gee

Plumber
Reaction score
Used to be what you got with Impey wetroom gear, I think it was called Solo.

Forum Sponsors

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers - Plumb Advice

Plumbase - Plumbing Parts for Plumbers - Plumbers Advice

Power Shower Booster for Power Showers - Plumbing Advice

Underflor Heating Systems by uHeat - Plumbing Advice

Wetroom Supplies by Wetroom Store

Nicobond - Wetroom and Tiling Supplies - Plumbers Installation Advice

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers - Advice for Plumbers

Top Bottom