From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss Shower waste connection into soil stack in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

Hopefully someone could help advise me.

I'm in the middle of replacing our shower with a modern low level tray and was wondering what is the best way to connect to waste pipe/soil stack.
As you can see on picture the waste from the sink comes from the left and then the shower pipe joins with current configuration when the shower had waste above floor. What is the best way to connect?
Can I use 40mm branch into a boss. IMG_20200725_135532_compress16_resize_1.jpg
Thanks

As you can see on picture the waste from the sink comes from the left and then the shower pipe joins with current configuration when the shower had waste above floor. What is the best way to connect?
Can I use 40mm branch into a boss.
View attachment 44686
You could cut the 32mm waste between the reducer and 45 bend and twist the 50mm tee down to 45 and solvent weld a 40mm 45 on the pipe (if there's enough to glue to). You'll need a 32mm straight coupling (either SW or Multifit) to rejoin the basin waste. It'll mean notching the joist to accommodate the new 40mm shower tray waste, be careful with this as LBC regs apply.
Is that a push fit spigot elbow into the stack then connected to solvent weld?
I reckon it is Simon.

Reply to Shower waste connection into soil stack in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

uHeat Forum Sponsor - PlumbersForums.net - Electric and Water Underfloor Heating Systems
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Plumbing and Plumbers

Plumbing Workwear

Shower Power Booster

Plumbase Spares - Plumbing Supplies and Spare Parts

Water Underfloor Heating

CORGI Direct for Plumbers

The Wetroom Store

Plumbase Spares