Search the forum,

Discuss Shower valve on supply pipe in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
I just bought an old house that was renovated in the 1980s. The bathroom shower has some kind of valve on the supply pipe - does anyone know what this is for? The whole bathroom will be going into a skip in a few months but I’m just curious as to what it’s for.

Thanks.

Attachments

• 9928A8D3-B6BA-4057-BE8F-A53857FF42D1.jpeg
    9928A8D3-B6BA-4057-BE8F-A53857FF42D1.jpeg
    209.9 KB · Views: 9

Reply to Shower valve on supply pipe in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock