Search the forum,

Discuss Shower valve elbows and flow rate in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Im planning on how to fit a concealed shower valve into a paramount wall which has a narrow cavity depth(35mm)

Luckily the rear face of the wall is in the hw cylinder cupboard so i plan to have part of the valve coming through to the cupboard then boxing it in.

If i do this the position of the inlet and out let valves will be partly blocked by the plasterboard board so i was thinking could use a couple of 90 degree elbows separated by short section of pipe in a sort of z shape to clear the obstruction

The question ive got is will using multiple bends un close range have a big impact on the flow rate?

Its a gravity fed system so I'll be using a shower pump (not specced and bought yet)

Why not use an exposed valve ?

Depending on what your planning why not remove the plaster board and cardboard and install some 3x2 or 4x2 and glue to the existing plasterboard ?

I recently fitted an ibox in a paramount wall (80mm minimum depth).
I cut away a section of the plasterboard so I could turn the elbows to 45 degrees and pulled a bend in 22mm copper to suit this- this is less restrictive than your suggestion.
However if you use a suitable pump, what you propose will be fine.

I cut away plasterboard and then fitted a plywood plate on the cupboard side of the wall to strengthen it and give me something to screw the valve to.
It was a bit fiddly but worked well, just put a removable box to protect the valve, but left pipework exposed so any potential problems would show themselves in the future- not all hidden away, and it gave easy access for some full bore lever valves.

Reply to Shower valve elbows and flow rate in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock