Search the forum,

Discuss Shower tray waste pipe fitting in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

I am really struggling with how to do the waste pipework from a shower tray and would appreciate any advice on the best approach to take.

The tray will be sitting in a three sided recess which really complicates things. A further complication is that the soil pipe is very close by and so there is not much room for manoeuvre.

My big concern is that I don’t know what I can get away with from a flow rate perspective and i can’t test the flow until it is all fully fitted. By then it is too late and will be a nightmare to correct the problem. Everything I try involves a compromise and i beed to be certain i make the right choice.

So, two of the many options I have considered are as per the attached pictures. The first picture only has one compression joint and it is above the floor. Below floor-level is solvent weld. The concern with this option though is the fairly straight bit shown and whether that will cause an issue on a high flow trap? A different approach is seen in picture two which does have a drop from the trap, but the problem here is that I will end up with two compression joints, one of which will be slightly below floor level. I can leave a hole big enough to get to the compression joint, but I’m not sure if the first method is better?

TIA

Attachments

• E7F6E2E8-7615-440C-815B-92D9A20766AD.jpeg
    E7F6E2E8-7615-440C-815B-92D9A20766AD.jpeg
    329 KB · Views: 20
  • 0259B260-D2BE-4AAB-8F69-812C052383B2.jpeg
    0259B260-D2BE-4AAB-8F69-812C052383B2.jpeg
    363 KB · Views: 19

Reply to Shower tray waste pipe fitting in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock