Search the forum,

Discuss Shower tray large puddle at the back in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Our shower room has been replaced and finished last week. The shower is an 1800 tray with the drain at the front. On using the shower we are finding a puddle at the back right which is never going to drain as it appears the tray slopes backwards when checking the edges with a spirit level.
This room is finished, boxing done, trim, silcone and not tiled but aqua panels. As a woman, I'd like some advise on how to bring this up with the installer as the work has been paid for.

If the tray isn’t level on the sides edges (not the base of the tray) then it’s an installation fault and tbh they should be made to remove and install it level as manufacturers instructions state

Is the level touching all the way along on the face or is there a gap ?

If I sit the level on the flat base from back of the shower to the front, the level sits like a see saw with both ends not touching the floor. It seems to be not only leaning back entirely, but the middle of the base itself seems raised all over as if to run the water around the edge to the drain, but it's not working.
None of this was apparent until using the shower. Assumed maybe wrongly that this has been checked before they completed the whole room.

Sounds like maybe the shower tray is at fault bowed as some big trays tend to

Yes as it’s not fit for purpose

Plumbers due to have a look later this week

Attachments

• 66431453-7145-4157-9193-4E98B6189DDC.jpeg
    66431453-7145-4157-9193-4E98B6189DDC.jpeg
    255.8 KB · Views: 10

Reply to Shower tray large puddle at the back in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock