Search the forum,

Discuss Shower tray, is it cracked and should I install? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Good morning all.

Im just about to install my new shower tray (Mira Flight low) but I’ve noticed some ‘crunchiness’ at a couple of small points on the tray base. I’ve literally took the tray out of the packaging and set in position for marking out.
The soft spots are located at the opposite end to the trap, I can’t identify any cracks.

family is in need of the bathroom back and if it needs replaced, I’m not sure how I’d go to prove this wasn’t my fault and there fore have to buy a new one?

I’ve attached a couple of pics. The area highlighted is approx 2.5” long. It’s the similar on 3 of the web supports. There’s also pics of the tray edge and waste.

really appreciate the advice, thanks

Attachments

• 9BD0AF9C-7C61-4B34-BFC3-CC23D7322D27.jpeg
    9BD0AF9C-7C61-4B34-BFC3-CC23D7322D27.jpeg
    96.1 KB · Views: 22
  • D4306DD0-392E-4EDB-AD6F-76DCD102AE9E.jpeg
    D4306DD0-392E-4EDB-AD6F-76DCD102AE9E.jpeg
    179.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 512C9BF7-B3D1-41F4-BFE2-9010BCA5F6FB.jpeg
    512C9BF7-B3D1-41F4-BFE2-9010BCA5F6FB.jpeg
    131.7 KB · Views: 21
Not sure I would want a tray with soft spots, I would take it back, point out the defect and say your not happy. It has not been installed, whats the problem? You wouldn't buy a new car and expect to find a dent on it.

Not sure I would want a tray with soft spots, I would take it back, point out the defect and say your not happy. It has not been installed, whats the problem? You wouldn't buy a new car and expect to find a dent on it.
Thanks. I contacted Mira who advised me to take it back. I’ve spoken with the supplier who’ve pointed out that I bought the tray a couple of weeks ago and should have inspected within 24 hours but are going to look into it. I also identified 2 dents on the bottom, clearly from a good while ago. Fingers crossed they’ll replace it. Id assume consumer rights should cover me but I’m not holding my breath!

Thanks again

Thanks. I contacted Mira who advised me to take it back. I’ve spoken with the supplier who’ve pointed out that I bought the tray a couple of weeks ago and should have inspected within 24 hours but are going to look into it. I also identified 2 dents on the bottom, clearly from a good while ago. Fingers crossed they’ll replace it. Id assume consumer rights should cover me but I’m not holding my breath!

Thanks again
Covid 19 has made some of our installations unable to be completed. The merchants were not open for you to take the tray back anyway.

Unless you signed something to waive your statutory rights and bypass the sale of goods act then you're entitled to an exchange. It grates my cheese when stores try to wiggle out of basic selling rules with tosh like 'you didn't inspect it within 24 hours'.
They'll exchange it but will make out like they're doing you a favour ;)

Reply to Shower tray, is it cracked and should I install? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock