Search the forum,

Discuss Shower tray installation in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Im coming up with mixed information on how to correctly fit my shower tray.

Its a steel framed, acrylic capped shower tray from crosswater like this

The underside of the tray is flat, and has several circles marked out in black marker, which i believe are the load points locations for riser legs

I'll be fitting it directly onto a 22mm chipboard floor so no riser kit for me.

The question is should i be bedding the tray into a bed of mortar/adhesive or should i be bonding the tray directly to the floor with CT1/OB1 or some type of adhesive sealant?

I've found guides/videos where people do both so not sure which is best/correct

Nope, just a sheet with a diagram showing the shower dimensions, thats all.

unfortunately crosswater dont seem to be very good at supplying thorough instructions im my experience

I fitted one of their shower valves a few weeks back and the instructions for that were pretty bad. Lots of mistakes and missing info. Probably not a problem for professional bathroom fitters/plumbers
But if you're doing it diy it's always reassuring to know that you didn't make any errors that might come back to bite you once everything is fitted

Last edited:
We always bed our trays down with a flexible tile adhesive. Clean both surfaces, prime and make a thin bed of adhesive across the whole tray area, normally a 5mm trowl does the job, assuming your floor is level.
Leave for 24hrs and it should be solid as a rock. Just check floor and tray are level before you fit, we've come across loads of twisted trays recently.

Many thanks for that. Also gave CW technical a call and they basically confirmed the same thing. Preferably flexibile tile adhesive but can use sand cement mortar. (will be tile addy for me)

For anyone reading this in future, they advised against the use of construction adhesives like ct1 to bond the tray down

Im coming up with mixed information on how to correctly fit my shower tray.

Its a steel framed, acrylic capped shower tray from crosswater like this

The underside of the tray is flat, and has several circles marked out in black marker, which i believe are the load points locations for riser legs

I'll be fitting it directly onto a 22mm chipboard floor so no riser kit for me.

The question is should i be bedding the tray into a bed of mortar/adhesive or should i be bonding the tray directly to the floor with CT1/OB1 or some type of adhesive sealant?

I've found guides/videos where people do both so not sure which is best/correct
What do the manufacturers instructions suggest? Donā€™t particularly see an advantage to either method, as both are used.

Reply to Shower tray installation in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it šŸ˜¬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Iā€™m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. Iā€™m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock