Search the forum,

Discuss Shower Tray Installation Advice in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys,

Fully ripped out an old bathroom and installing a new one.
Getting mixed messages from Plumber and my father who is a Joiner/Carpenter
Plumber wants to fit shower tray before the walls are plastered.
Father thinks that the walls should be plastered first, he has left enough clearance for shower tray and thinks that the shower tray will be prone to being marked/damaged and not sealed properly if it is plastered after it is fit? Plumber is quite inflexible and doesn't really like to adjust his course.
Just wondering for 2nd/3rd/4th opinions on this before I make a decision on how to move forward.

Thanks
James

Your dad's correct first fix - plaster - second fix really that simple.
Cannot imagine your plumber has much interaction with rest of building trade or he would know better.

Reply to Shower Tray Installation Advice in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock