Search the forum,

Discuss Shower tray dropped, converted loft to bathroom in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I've converted our loft into a bathroom and fitted the shower tray around 4/5 years ago. The conversion has been slow as I've been doing it after work.

I began to make the templates today for the glass and glass door. I then discovered that the shower tray is out. It definitely wasn't when I originally put in the shower tray 4 years ago.

Under the shower tray there are two stud walls. The flooring in the loft is the following.. 4 by 2 sealing joist then 7 by 2. I put an 18mm piece of ply and then put a rubber material with then a rubber paint sealant on top of the ply. I then put a mortar bed on top for the shower tray and pushed it down so the shower tray was level. I've attached a photo. It's been tiled so they sit on top of the tray. Basically the left side of the tray needs to be lifted about 10mm.
IMG_20191229_174022_compress17.jpg

Any solution on leveling the shower tray would be appreciated.

My thinking is the following.. Why has the tray dropped and if the floor has now settled.. Or if it will drop again.

IMG_20191229_174010_compress33.jpg

10mm is some settling. Needs pulling out and ensuring that the structure beneath it is sufficient for the loading.
What do building control say? From your post this sounds like a brand new bathroom/shower room and as such is notifiable.

Any pictures of the install along the way ? Sounds like settlement to me not much can be done at this stage I am afraid other than remove the tiles and tray to level everything below, kop

Reply to Shower tray dropped, converted loft to bathroom in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock