• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net (formerly UKPlumbersForums.co.uk). Please login with your usual username and password. Or register for free if you haven't already done so.

Discuss shower tray damage in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

plumb_know

Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
tiler has damaged my shower tray, i have bought a cramer repair kit but it is alpine white and is darker than the finish on my tray. from cramer website it looks like i need appliance white but cant find anywhere that sells it.

Anyone know where i can get cramer appliance white acrylic spray or anyone recommend another waterproof spray paint i could pick up tomorrow?

thanks

OP
P

plumb_know

Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
thanks cbw, yeah i sore that but i finish tomorrow so was hoping someone may know an alternative product i could pick up off the shelf

CBW1982

Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
thanks cbw, yeah i sore that but i finish tomorrow so was hoping someone may know an alternative product i could pick up off the shelf
Only other place might be City Plumbing or Toolstation but their website I said down for maintenance.

Ben-gee

Plumber
Reaction score
The only times I have done a truly invisible repair ( and I’m not kidding) is when I have been able to get a gel coat repair kit from the tray manufacturer.

They don’t all do one but Matki, aqata and a few others do. They are not cheap iirc, but a fantastic repair can be done.

If you’re on the car filler and spray type kits it will never be good, especially long term....

OP
P

plumb_know

Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
Thanks cbw, yeah annoying as google is showing they have a few product. nearest one to me is 20mins may have to just go and hope they have something.

thanks for all the help

DuncanM

Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
It's the tilers mistake so why are you letting him get away with a £30 repair kit? Those kits are ok but no matter how hard you search, you'll never get an exact match for the colour.

Why not do it properly and get a professional repair.
Shower Tray Repairs - Cracked and Dented Surfaces - Plastic Surgeon
Bill the tiler for the repair. I have a joiner that on every job he breaks or damages something!! Getting pretty sick of him really. Last week I made him pay for a new worktop as he messed it up and it was 140 for a new one. Usually I can sort the mistakes but this time I was not having it or paying for materials to sort it.
Must hold my hands up and say I have done it too, but paid for the repair and would never have got the finish he did.

Chalked

Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
Where are you based. There’s a guy in Sheffield that I use. You can’t see the repair after

Rob Foster

Reaction score
There is give and take on all jobs but damaging a shower tray is serious and will never look good repaired...he will expect you to put the damage at his door
and so you should...its only right...Rob Foster aka centralheatking...or have a chat about it and make a deal

DuncanM

Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
I have seen a few repairs on different materials and the guy I use has made everyone look good as new or better than before restoring an old free standing bath. I would not even attempt it myself as I don't have the kit, tools and skill.

Rob Foster

Reaction score
rob a gelcoat one can be repaired perfectly, in fact undetectably.
thats fine Ben but why should op bear all the cost...But hey..your info is filed in my brain thank you....in fact my 3 rd son trades in Grp boats in Bristol area I will send him a screen shot thanks
centralheatking

Forum Sponsors

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers - Plumb Advice

Plumbase - Plumbing Parts for Plumbers - Plumbers Advice

Power Shower Booster for Power Showers - Plumbing Advice

Underflor Heating Systems by uHeat - Plumbing Advice

Wetroom Supplies by Wetroom Store

Nicobond - Wetroom and Tiling Supplies - Plumbers Installation Advice

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers - Advice for Plumbers

Top Bottom