Search the forum,

Discuss Shower trap - sewer smells in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Guys,
Some advice please on sewer smells coming from the shower trap. I suspect the water level in the trap is not high enough to prevent smelly air coming back. See photos. From the waste pipe arrangement, I don’t see how you can create a water seal when the top of the waste pipe is above the water level?

Any advice much appreciated

14B5EA0A-A15B-4382-941F-A857D1525BC5.jpeg

3C7E32A8-D11B-49FD-AF67-414612CE4661.jpeg

Thanks for the diagram. No tube fitted :oops: and that no doubt is the cause of the problem, as I can see the tube creates a type of “u-bend”. Next questiion is, where can I source a replacement tube? The trap is about 25 years old.
[automerge]1606046666[/automerge]
I think this is the part avavailble from Plumbers Mate
thanks Shaun for your help

Last edited:
Thanks for the diagram. No tube fitted :oops: and that no doubt is the cause of the problem, as I can see the tube creates a type of “u-bend”. Next questiion is, where can I source a replacement tube? The trap is about 25 years old.
[automerge]1606046666[/automerge]
I think this is the part avavailble from Plumbers Mate
thanks Shaun for your help

stick a tape measure or ruler in until it touches the bottom of the trap is it around 160mm-165mm from the bottom to the top of the tray ?

Reply to Shower trap - sewer smells in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock