Search the forum,

Discuss Shower thermostatic cover stuck fast! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I need to remove the thermo cartridge from our shower to de-scale - it has not been taken apart for 13 years. I have taken the hand-wheel off fine. The cover is a 'pull-twist' kept in place with an O ring and does not have a retaining screw, but it is stuck fast and won't budge. I have used (and snapped) a strap wrench, WD40, gone round the edging with a screwdriver to try and break the seal etc etc all to no avail. Help!! Have put a picture in attachment (I think).Any advice much appreciated

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 33
Try removing the trim from the front. Might be a circlip. This might then reveal screws to remove the insert.
Post a pic from the front.

Try removing the trim from the front. Might be a circlip. This might then reveal screws to remove the insert.
Post a pic from the front.

Thanks - please see photo from front attached. LB have assured me that the cover is 'twist and pull' which means I have to get it loose. Any suggestions? Hitting (gently) with a wooden mallet??

Attachments

• IMG_20170117_121513.jpg
    IMG_20170117_121513.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 24
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Shower thermostatic cover stuck fast! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock