Search the forum,

Discuss Shower temperatures all over the place in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

I was having issues with my shower temperatures being stuck too hot - it wouldn't ever get cold.

It's fed from a combi boiler and has a hand shower head as well as a fixed head on the tiles.

I managed to educate myself on how to configure the temperature and found my happy medium after much twisting and turning. I managed to take a comfortable shower under it and thought that was the end of it.

Wife tells me it's too cold the next day and to be fair it's nowhere near the temperature I had set it up at. Much deliberation later, I gambled on the fact the thermostatic cartridge might be knackered. I've replaced this and I'm getting a similar issue.

I set to a hot max this afternoon but I could still reach cold on the other end of the spectrum. Job done I thought. I've gone to take a shower tonight and it's far far too hot and I couldn't achieve cold. Took the control apart again and I can get a decent max temperature for a minute or so and then it gets hotter and hotter without changing the controls.

Just looking for any last piece of advice before calling a plumber out -

I've replaced the cartridge (and as far as I believe there is no right or wrong orientation to install it)

The water temperature from the boiler is set at 60c max and we don't seem to have temperature issues elsewhere in the house

Boiler is a vokera compact 29a

Any ideas?

Thanks

Did it come with fitting instructions ? Are you sure it's in correctly any indication on the cartridge cold on the right hot on the left as you look at the shower Valve ?

Reply to Shower temperatures all over the place in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock