Search the forum,

Discuss Shower Temperature in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all

Some advice if possible.

I fitted a new shower yesterday (Mira ERD Realm) thermostatic type at a clients house.

Very pleased with the flow rate BUT it could be hotter. After flushing and commissioning I left the shower to run on full power ( lever turned up completely anti clockwise. I also tried to regulate the temperature by removing front plate and followed the instructions. That didn’t improve it.

A few points to note:

All other outlet hot taps get really hot even in the bathroom but not the shower

They have a combi boiler in good operation
Boiler water temp set to max

I did notice pushfit has been installed halfway up to the shower body itself then to copper.

They have one of those spa baths ,conventional bath shape under where the said shower is positioned. Didn’t get a chance to look at the pipework setup though

Can anyone offer any pointers here on what could be the issue? Most showers get hot and give off steam but this shower doesn’t get anywhere near to giving off steamy hot water. I would say it’s a bit warmer than luke warm

Cheers Andy

First check the obvious.

Hot on left?
Check filters for debris.
Does it work with just hose and no head, ie head is restricting flow?
Temporarily remove max temperature stop and wind cartridge right around - any better?
[automerge]1568814831[/automerge]
Other one, are there flow restrictors fitted - sometimes they are already and you need to remove them from the hot side.

Last edited:
Maximum Temperature Setting

Before using the shower the maximum temperature must be checked to make sure that it is at a safe level. It has been preset to approximately 41°C at the factory but due to variations in site conditions the maximum temperature may need adjustment.

Note! Make sure that the hot water temperature is at least 55°C and that there is sufficient supply.

1. Turn on the shower to the maximum temperature (i.e. fully anticlockwise) and allow the temperature to stabilise.
    If the temperature is too hot or too cold, turn off the shower and adjust as follows:

2. Make sure that the control lever is in the ‘Off’ position. Pointing downwards.

3. Carefully unscrew the grubscrew cover and loosen the grubscrew. Remove the control lever.

4. Turnontheshowertothemaximumtemperature by rotating the hub fully anticlockwise and allow the temperature to stabilise.

5. Unscrew the hub retaining screw with a 2.5 mm hexagon key.

6. Insert the 2.5 mm hexagon key into the centre of the spindle and engage with the recessed temperature adjusting screw.

7. Rotate the hexagon key until the required maximum temperature is obtained at the shower. Turn anticlockwise to increase the temperature, or clockwise to decrease the temperature (1⁄4 turn = approximately 1°C).

8. Oncethedesiredmaximumblendtemperature has been achieved turn off the shower.

9. Refit the hub retaining screw.
[automerge]1568819014[/automerge]

Reply to Shower Temperature in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I done a straight change from a thermostatic shower to a new mira atom shower,when I run the shower in an upstairs ensuite it runs hot for a few seconds then goes back luke warm,I have a combi boiler,any advice please??.
Replies
Views
When I turn on the shower or bath, initially the pump runs (quite loudly) and only a trickle comes out. I have to alternate turning on the bath and shower before I get a reasonable flow. Then once it is running, if the water is at maximum temperature on the mixer it flows smoothly, but as soon...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that heats on controlled load over night. The large tank is in roof space of 60s built villa unit. Every few mornings, no hot water will come out of...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
Hello. My mixer shower (non-electric) recently started running luke warm. I know this can happen at this time of year over winter but I've been in the property over 10 years and it's never been this bad before. The combi boiler was checked and is ok. The hot water from taps is uneffected and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock