Search the forum,

Discuss Shower screen leak in new house in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

I recently bought a house. The shower screen has a small leak, which can result in water ending up on the bathroom floor (quite a lot of water). I had a plumber come and have a look at it, but all he did was put some silicone around the edges on the inside (he didn't check where the leak was coming from). I tested it the next day and it still leaks. I am reluctant to call him again. I was hoping to get some advice.

I have cut out some old silicone as I want to put in fresh silicone.
  1. Should I put silicone on the inside of the shower screen?
  2. In the below picture (inside of the shower), the plumber put silicone in arrows pointed red (along the shower screen holder bit(not sure what it is called) and the tile on the wall) and green (bottom along the shower screen and the tray).
  3. I cut out some old silicone from the area circled blue as the plumber didn't cut the old silicone out, just added more on top of it. I am planning to silicone the area between shower tray and the tile (closing the small hole). Should I silicone where the tray meets the shower screen holder (the steel bit - not sure what it is called)

1636379186621.png

Below picture of the outside
1636379272740.png

Attachments

• shower_leak.mp4
    24.4 MB
That really is very untidy!
I suspect all the existing silicone onto tray will have to go and panel removed to sort problem.
Main point of leaking on screens is where bottom corner of screen goes into wall channel, always needs particular care.
It's normal to only seal on outside screen/tray.

Reply to Shower screen leak in new house in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock