Search the forum,

Discuss Shower pump trigger issue in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

ive been to a badly installed salamander shower pump.No independent cold supply and hot teed off 15mm to whb.If you lower the shower head 12 inches the pump will trigger which makes sense however if you have the shower head back in its normal place and operate the bar mixer it will only trigger the pump if you open the mixer on the basin.What am i missing?I thought this would hold the flow switches closed.Ill probably install a negative head pump but i am still very curious about these symptons.Shower pump is positioned on the floor 2m from the cylinder and ive been told its worked for years.all pipes flushed and flow switches move freely.Look forward to replies.

The simple answer is it's installed incorrectly there's not enough head due pressure to activate the flow switches the restrictions on the pipework are not helping either, plumb it as the manufacturers instructions and it will work as it is it will always cause triggering issues. Kop

The simple answer is it's installed incorrectly there's not enough head due pressure to activate the flow switches the restrictions on the pipework are not helping either, plumb it as the manufacturers instructions and it will work as it is it will always cause triggering issues. Kop
Kop the pump dated 2009 and the custard said its worked fine until now.
as for piping it correctly thats not straight forward.Its a large country house with a galvo tank from the fifties in poor condition and no room to get past the tank to the rest of the roofspace to install
Its a galvo tank in poor condition which blocks access to the rest of the roofspace.Plumbing it correctly is not an option sadly.The only sloution i see is an unvented cylinder.One of those jobs eh kop...we all get them.
i appreciate the reply. Ian.

Kop the pump dated 2009 and the custard said its worked fine until now.
as for piping it correctly thats not straight forward.Its a large country house with a galvo tank from the fifties in poor condition and no room to get past the tank to the rest of the roofspace to install

Its a galvo tank in poor condition which blocks access to the rest of the roofspace.Plumbing it correctly is not an option sadly.The only sloution i see is an unvented cylinder.One of those jobs eh kop...we all get them.
i appreciate the reply. Ian.
Yes mate we do šŸ˜‰ 12 years is good for a salamander pump stick a universal pump in you may get lucky ? You stripped the old pump down ? If it's supplied by a grubby tank it could restricted some way ? Just a thought šŸ‘

Reply to Shower pump trigger issue in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock