Search the forum,

Discuss Shower Pump Pressure Problem in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I've recently had a weeping leak on an exposed pipe on a soldered joint so I'm a bit paranoid about more leaks unseen. One thing I've thought about is the 3 bar shower pump I've had installed not too long ago. The pipework before I got it would have had maybe 0.3 bar max going through it so will the increase in pressure cause problems?

When the taps are open it's fine because all the pressure is alleviated and when the tap is closed there must only be a millisecond of pressure before the pump cuts off, sensing the tap's closer, so that doesn't worry me as much. It's when we turn taps only a quarter turn to limit the flow that I wonder what it's doing to the pipes. With the flow restricted the pressure must be quite high.

Just wondering what people think or if they've experienced similar issues?

Yes this can be a problem when going from low pressure to high pressure system. You’ll soon find out, then fix it if it happens

Reply to Shower Pump Pressure Problem in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock