Search the forum,

Discuss Shower pump pressure issues. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

phillsmit3

Hi I was wondering if anyone can shed any light on this?

I had a leaking shower pump when the hot water outlet hose started leaking. I tried tightening it up and i started leaking worse.

The next morning I had a shower and the water water hose snapped. I thought it would be simply fixed but it has not been so easy.

I replaced the hot water hose with a flexible hose but the pressure on the shower and sink has much lower pressure on the hot water AND the COLD water.

I thought that maybe i have damaged the water pump so i borrowed another one and that has the same low pressure problem.

I also thought there could be a blockage in the pipe work to the shower and sink. However there would need to be a blockage in both the hot water pipes and cold water pipes and both sink and shower has low pressure so both HW and CW pipes would have to be blocked before it splits to shower and sink - So seems unlikely to me.

The next thing that i can think of is a slight blockage in pipe that goes from the header tank in the loft as this could effect the flow of hot and cold water but it seems strange that this has happen at the same time as changing the flexible hose.

Can you think of anything else that would be worth trying or something obvious that i am missing? any help would be great.

How did you isolate the water supply to the pump to replace the hose? Did you bleed the pump of air after replacing the hose?
I would trace back what you did and make sure any isolation valves are fully open

possibly the hose you changed has a smaller bore than the original. also as plumb_know said, did you close any valves at all and if you did what type are they?

How did you isolate the water supply to the pump to replace the hose? Did you bleed the pump of air after replacing the hose?
I would trace back what you did and make sure any isolation valves are fully open

Thanks for your reply. I didn't realise that anyone had replied so sorry for the late reply.

Things are getting stranger.

I isolated the HW supply with the red cirlce handle( think they are called stop valve.) when i changed the pipe.
I didnt bother touching the CW side.

Would an air lock in the HW side affect the CW side aswell?

When that didn't work and i swapped the pumps so i had to remove both HW and CW pipes.

I then tried putting the short outlet hoses directly into a bucket and I had high pressure but as soon as i attach them onto the original pipework the pressure drops. So i thought this supports the idea of blockages and eliminates the stop values being faulty.

So
I put in temporary pipework directly the pipework under the bath and the pressure was still low.

How can i ensure there is not an airlock in the shower pipework?

the shower is higher than the pump so when i put the water on with the pump turned off nothing really comes through. - just a tiny bit.

Any suggestions?

I've also had out a proper plumber and he is struggling to think what it is.

Is there anything simple we are missing?

Thanks for your reply. I didn't realise that anyone had replied so sorry for the late reply.

I only changed the HW outlet pipe so i assume this shouldn't affect the CW pressure?

possibly the hose you changed has a smaller bore than the original. also as plumb_know said, did you close any valves at all and if you did what type are they?

I only changed the HW outlet pipe so i assume this shouldn't affect the CW pressure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Shower pump pressure issues. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock