Search the forum,

Discuss Shower pump no water/intermittent in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

My shower pump started pulsing yesterday while using and then water stopped completely. If I leave it for a few hours and try again it works for 20 secs or so and then pulses and dies. The pump is connected to hot water tank next to it and cold water tank in the loft above.

From what I've read online it could be a blockage somewhere or the pump dying. I've tried disconnecting the four silver inlet/outlet pipes connected directly to the pump to check for blockages there and couldn't find any. There was also residual water in them - would this suggest it's more likely to be the pump dying than a blockage?

The pump is a Stuart Turner Showermate s 1.8 bar twin (s/n 1540044-028). Is about 5 years old. I'm not a plumber in any way, but feel comfortable to replace the pump with similar one, but don't want to spend £200 on a new one if the problem is more likely to be a blockage or something else.

Reply to Shower pump no water/intermittent in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm looking to purchase a 300L unvented indirect cylinder to work with a standard heat only boiler. I may have solar panels in the future, but likely the PV kind rather than the thermal kind, and won't be having heat pump in the future. So the cylinder would be connected to the boiler at...
Replies
Views
A
Hey, here goes and I hope it works.. never used one of these before! I have a Sagittarius Ergo mixer shower min bar of pressure required 1 bar. Connect to this is a 1.5 bar Ora Salamander pump for a positive head, this was connected by a plumber of course and we’ve had it all rigged up...
Replies
Views
K
Hi, I've just changed a stuart turner pump for a newer version (like for like). Cold water pressure is as should but hot water is trickling through maybe 35% of cold water pressure. I've turned pump off ran cold water for 5 min then hot water for 5 Min with shower head off to no joy any ideas...
Replies
Views
I have a negative head twin impeller Stuart Turner pump feeding hot and cold to three showers, one bath, plus hot to three basin's from my gravity fed, loft cold water tank and airing cupboard hot water tank. Occasionally the pump operates for a couple of seconds without demand for water. More...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am renovating a small bathroom in an apartment on the 5th floor. Heating is electric, no gas or oil. I have four (related) questions about this below. I had intended to reuse the cold water tank and the cylinder sitting underneath it but my plumber suggested I replace the cylinder as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock