Search the forum,

Discuss Shower pump no water/intermittent in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

My shower pump started pulsing yesterday while using and then water stopped completely. If I leave it for a few hours and try again it works for 20 secs or so and then pulses and dies. The pump is connected to hot water tank next to it and cold water tank in the loft above.

From what I've read online it could be a blockage somewhere or the pump dying. I've tried disconnecting the four silver inlet/outlet pipes connected directly to the pump to check for blockages there and couldn't find any. There was also residual water in them - would this suggest it's more likely to be the pump dying than a blockage?

The pump is a Stuart Turner Showermate s 1.8 bar twin (s/n 1540044-028). Is about 5 years old. I'm not a plumber in any way, but feel comfortable to replace the pump with similar one, but don't want to spend £200 on a new one if the problem is more likely to be a blockage or something else.

Reply to Shower pump no water/intermittent in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock