Search the forum,

Discuss Shower pump magnetic float switches in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

P

Plumber1989

Hi ,

Recently installed two new bathrooms with showers running off a shower pump

With new shower installed the shower pump kicks in sometimes but more often than not it doesn't, the shower heads aren't higher than they were before ,

Have tested reed switches with magnets and they work fine ,
So I'm assuming the float valves maybe have some crud in and around them not letting them move freely to activate the reed switches.

Just wondering if anyone has any advice on cleaning these out , as there doesn't seem to be any videos online or anything .

I know these could all be solved by fitting a negative head pump but just seeing if I can get the pump working again like it was before .

Thanks
In advance

Probably your new showers have a greater resistance to flow than the old ones- and they don’t allow enough flow through the pump to activate the reed switches.
Like you say, a negative head pump will solve this.
Why wasn’t this picked up by the bathroom installers?

If shower heads are on a hose rather than fixed to walls then lower them as far as you can by hand then turn the showers on to see if the pump kicks in.

What age, make & model is the pump.

Reply to Shower pump magnetic float switches in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock