Search the forum,

Discuss Shower pump issue in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all, DIY'er after a quick bit of advice.

Our shower pump is taking a minute to kick in, and is giving a funny burning type smell before it does.

Don’t think it’s anything to do with air block after the pump (which is a problem we had before with shower pressure not working) as unscrewing shower hose etc from the external valve makes no difference – it’s literally just a matter of time before the pump all of a sudden kicks in and works and shower is back to proper pressure.

Pump is 4.1/.2 years old. Family of 4 so used frequently

I’m happy ordering another pump and fitting it as can get exact same one, but just wondering if there’s anything pre-pump that could be causing it rather then just something wrong in the pump? And if there is something it could be, is it an easy thing for me to check or do I need to get someone in?

Thank you!

Reply to Shower pump issue in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock