Search the forum,

Discuss Shower Pump H/W low pressure in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

First time novice, I thought I had a problem with my shower pump as the flow was much lower than normal. Pure coincidence but this happened just after I had my H/W cylinder replaced.

My shower is gravity feed from the H/W cylinder and a separate C/W tank, both located in the loft. I only have the one shower. I called out a plumber to replace the exiting pump and to cut a very long strory short he provrd incapable of doing the job. He was trying to fit a single impellor pump to replace the twin impellor.

My current situation is that I have disconnected the pump and put flexi hose between both Hot and Cold supply so effectively my shower is now being gravity fed.
When I try to run the shower the HW flow is no more than a trickle, the CW is like a slow tap.

My question is should I expect a normal tap flow on the HW side, and if I should is the problem with the mixer bar?

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Reply to Shower Pump H/W low pressure in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

When I turn on the shower or bath, initially the pump runs (quite loudly) and only a trickle comes out. I have to alternate turning on the bath and shower before I get a reasonable flow. Then once it is running, if the water is at maximum temperature on the mixer it flows smoothly, but as soon...
Replies
Views
I have just had a boiler, hot water tank and power shower pump replaced on advice by my plumber. I have two separate boilers, heat/hotwater systems in the house. This boiler was replaced by a combi boiler as it only heats the lounge and master bed and provides hot water to en-suite bathroom and...
Replies
Views
A
Hey, here goes and I hope it works.. never used one of these before! I have a Sagittarius Ergo mixer shower min bar of pressure required 1 bar. Connect to this is a 1.5 bar Ora Salamander pump for a positive head, this was connected by a plumber of course and we’ve had it all rigged up...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is unvented and pressurised. The cold water feed into this cylinder is from the attic tank, not the mains as I turned off the mains stopcock to see if hot...
Replies
Views
S
Pumps and low pressure I moved the bathroom to the back the house (next room) upstairs. I put in two pumps because low pressure water area. One for shower and one for bath. They both work intermittently and I often need to get them started with a magnet! They were new pumps. In the shower the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock