Search the forum,

Discuss Shower pump for kitchen tap? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Can I run a line from my shower pump to my hot water kitchen tap to increase the pressure? If yes, would I call a plumber or electrician?

Tricky one to answer

Depends on the pump you have if it’s a dual impella one eg 4 pipes connecting to it then no you can but if there’s any not 2 yes you could

This is it.... so I am guessing it would be no?

Attachments

• shower pump.jpg
    shower pump.jpg
    277.9 KB · Views: 7
Why not investigate to understand the reasons behind the lack of pressure first. It could simply be the wrong choice of tap for your hot water system or restricted flow due to failed valve or restricted pipe. There are differences in taps I.e. suitability for high and low pressure which are often not appreciated by those fitting kitchens or taps.

Why not investigate to understand the reasons behind the lack of pressure first. It could simply be the wrong choice of tap for your hot water system or restricted flow due to failed valve or restricted pipe. There are differences in taps I.e. suitability for high and low pressure which are often not appreciated by those fitting kitchens or taps.
Thanks Vee. Just purchased the house and have had 2 plumbers out, neither really investigated, they basically told me because it is gravity fed hot water we won't get great pressure and to try a different tap, maybe from Bristan. Very vague suggestions and no real resolution to problem.

You could add a single impeller pump to pump all of the hot water if you wish.
Stuart turner monsoon is best.
You would then not need to buy a new tap, so that would mitigate the cost.
Thanks for your reply. Would this Stuart Turner Monsoon replace the Watermill Shower pump we have for the one shower or be in addition to that pump?

Reply to Shower pump for kitchen tap? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can anyone remember the Mira mixer shower that would work down to a really low pressure on a vented hot water system without a shower pump?
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock