Search the forum,

Discuss Shower pump blowing fuse in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

I have a Salamander CT30 shower pump that was installed by a plumber in October 2019 and the other day it would not start.
I checked the fuse first and it was blown so I replaced it. The second the power was switched on the pump started, (or sounded likeit did) but instantly blew the fuse again. It is a 3amp fuse as supplied with the pump.

I have disconnected the pipes and checked the filters for blockages, there were none.
I've tried all the tricks and tips for bleeding with no success.

Can anyone offer any possible solution or reason?

I can't believe the pump has seized after only 6 months?

Cheers,
Jeff

Reply to Shower pump blowing fuse in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

This morning woke up to no central heating, but the hot water had been on earlier in the morning. I checked the programmer and it was indicating CH was on. Went to the room thermostat and it didnt click when rotated, but then started clicking without any input. I had a spare room thermostat...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have a problem with a fuse constantly blowing on the heating system. It’s only been in the last few days… the zone valves are working fine and opening as normal and it only happens after about 10 mins of running for hot water or heating. The pump is making a noise like there is air...
Replies
Views
J
I have an Arteform shower valve in my bathroom - top lever for the main shower head, middle for the handheld hose and bottom is the thermostatic control. The hot was not getting hot enough recently so (under instructions from the manufacturer) I removed the allen key valves bottom left and right...
Replies
Views
ive been to a badly installed salamander shower pump.No independent cold supply and hot teed off 15mm to whb.If you lower the shower head 12 inches the pump will trigger which makes sense however if you have the shower head back in its normal place and operate the bar mixer it will only trigger...
Replies
Views
B
I am pricing for a new bathroom the possible problem is the the customers water supply is a borehole which is pump to a tank in the roof then supplies the house from the tank by gravity can i fit a shower pump or power shower on this type of system its the first time I have seen this type of...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock