Search the forum,

Discuss Shower pump activating for a few seconds when no demand in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone. I recently had to replace my shower pump and increase the size of the cold water storage. Since moving to a gravity fed pump the pump is activating with no demand for a few seconds. The pump is now connected to all outlets in the house but I am concerned it will burn out if it continues to hunt. The manufacturers originally recommended fitting a flange but the problem persists. When the outlet hoses have been activated the pump does not switch on. The vessel on the top of the pump has been checked and the pressure is not low. Does this suggest that pressure is escaping from the system - causing a pressure drop and then the activation of pump? Obviously the pump only kicks in when pressure drops below a certain level but I am out of ideas on how to resolve this? It does take a few days before this happens so pressure is not escaping quickly... HELP?!

Thanks

Yep looks like you have a leak somewhere taps dripping ?

If no obvious sign of a leak, 9/10 this is due to a toilet as Timmy suggests above.
Isolate the feed to the toilet cisterns and see if this stops it- you’ll have one flush in the cistern so make it last as long as you can.

Reply to Shower pump activating for a few seconds when no demand in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
Hey, here goes and I hope it works.. never used one of these before! I have a Sagittarius Ergo mixer shower min bar of pressure required 1 bar. Connect to this is a 1.5 bar Ora Salamander pump for a positive head, this was connected by a plumber of course and we’ve had it all rigged up...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, I'm moving to a megaflow from a regular immersion heater set up. The house has several showers and at the moment they are fed by gravity feeds from the immersion (hot water) and a top floor tank (cold water). All the showers are powered by (pressure drop) pumps which are fed by...
Replies
Views
I have a negative head twin impeller Stuart Turner pump feeding hot and cold to three showers, one bath, plus hot to three basin's from my gravity fed, loft cold water tank and airing cupboard hot water tank. Occasionally the pump operates for a couple of seconds without demand for water. More...
Replies
Views
Hi, we were getting uneven shower pressure and fluctuating temperature from the shower. A plumber advised that we replace the shower which we did. The temperature is now good but the water pressure is still uneven. We get mains pressure for about 2 minutes and then the pressure drops right away...
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are about to upgrade the upstairs bathroom and are considering installing a shower bath. My concern is that although there is more than sufficient...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock