Search the forum,

Discuss Shower Power Booster Pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Deleted member 96286

Esteemed
Plumber
Anyone fitted one of these small booster pumps? I'm fitting one on Sunday and they are supposed to give a minimum 1 bar boost. They can also be used on cold mains supplies and feeds from boilers.
showerpowerbooster.co.uk

mr foster has

I have too. Put two in line. Worked well and extremely quietly. Dont believe it gave 1 bar tho. That said, the positioning of them is critical so heed the advice given. He knows his product.

Installed the Shower Power Booster Pump this morning to a Fortec cylinder. My concern about fitting a standard shower pump to a combination cylinder was that it would empty the cylinder quicker than it would fill. This wee gizmo worked a treat and boosted the flow nicely to a rain head thermostatic shower. It's super quiet, which is just as well as I installed it in a loft. Impressed so far, and time will tell how reliable it is. Another big plus is that it's only 12v and can either be used with a standard socket and the wee supplied transformer, or it can be wired to the lighting circuit.

Installed the Shower Power Booster Pump this morning to a Fortec cylinder. My concern about fitting a standard shower pump to a combination cylinder was that it would empty the cylinder quicker than it would fill. This wee gizmo worked a treat and boosted the flow nicely to a rain head thermostatic shower. It's super quiet, which is just as well as I installed it in a loft. Impressed so far, and time will tell how reliable it is. Another big plus is that it's only 12v and can either be used with a standard socket and the wee supplied transformer, or it can be wired to the lighting circuit.
Thats just how my friend Alan Wright designed his pump to work...its a great unit...I will copy him in Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Hi its Alan Wright here and I have just joined the forum. I invented the ShowerPower Booster in 2010 and we have been selling them since 2014. They score 5 stars on Trustpilot and are very reliable. I have spoken to customers all over the world where these are fitted to boost beer taps (Poland), Water supply from a river to a childrens home (Angola), cold drinks coolers (Caribbean), solar thermal (Mumbia - India), rainwater systems (Australia). They fit into an existing pipe system and in a power cut they will default to 100% bypass.

Hi its Alan Wright here and I have just joined the forum. I invented the ShowerPower Booster in 2010 and we have been selling them since 2014. They score 5 stars on Trustpilot and are very reliable. I have spoken to customers all over the world where these are fitted to boost beer taps (Poland), Water supply from a river to a childrens home (Angola), cold drinks coolers (Caribbean), solar thermal (Mumbia - India), rainwater systems (Australia). They fit into an existing pipe system and in a power cut they will default to 100% bypass.
Hi Alan, do they come in different sizes then? I`ve only heard of the 22mm version which wouldn`t work on rainwater or water supply from a river would it.

Hi Alan, good to have you along my friend. Rob Foster

Welcome to the madhouse Alan ;)

I've used your pumps and think they're great :cool:

Hi Alan, I installed one of your auto pumps on a Fortec tank to boost a rainhead thermostatic shower and it worked a treat. It's so quiet! Now that I've installed my first one and know of its capabilities, I'll be installing more and can think of other situations where the Shower Power Booster would be an excellent solution.
I also hope that you design and market a larger more powerful industrial version, for more intensive applications.
However I have no hesitation in recommending your pump. I have also filmed it working and showing the immediate increase in shower pressure when the pump "kicks" in.

Hi Cailean, Thank you for buying one of my pumps.
If you make a pump more powerful then it needs running water to take the heat of the motor away but keep it small and it can run dry, and it can pump against a closed valve, and it can never overheat. It does not pull in air from a vent pipe, it can never cavitate.
If you need more pressure you can double boost (The SP21S is 2 pumps in series). If you need a pump on the hot and cold you can buy the SP22S. You can even double boost the hot and single boost the cold.
In the early days I tried to make the pump 25% more powerful and I increased the power by supplying a 14 volt transformer. We started to get 3 pumps failing a week. I was in Wales at the time and my wife sent 250 customers a replacement. Since going back to the original power in 2014 and 15,000 pumps later, we have not had a single pump overheat. We have improved the temperature and pressure rating of the pumps, the specification of the pumps is better and so is the performance, but the power is the same.

Reply to Shower Power Booster Pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock