Search the forum,

Discuss Shower pipes and leak prevention in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello and thank you for your help with this...!!!

New-ish home. Had to take the mixer bar off as I need to replace the washers in the mixer unit.

--> Are these standard size? Any recommendations?

Please see pics. Clear silicone is all that isolates the tiling from the pipe.
--> The unit isn't "rigid" (it moves up and down very slightly) - there must be some better way of securing this as-is.....?
--> The pipe is some sort of plastic compound. Is this normal?

Please see the pipe cover which will be re-fitted to the wall with clear silicone placed around it.
--> Is this enough to stop leaks because my worry is that when the shower is running, water can pool inside of this and leak down the walls if the sealant around the pipe isn't perfect....?

Thanks for your help!!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 6

Reply to Shower pipes and leak prevention in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock