Search the forum,

Discuss Shower pipe fittings in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello and thank you for helping me out here.

Please see attached pics. Is it normal for the hot & cold pipes coming out of the shower to be some sort of plastic compound?

The only thing preventing the pipes hitting the tiles is a layer of transparent silicone. Is their a better way to do this (without knocking the wall down and using the screw-to-wall solutions I've seen)?

I have the existing shower collar but is it really ok to just put this on the wall and seal it with silicone? It will cover the pipe and go slightly over the nut, as shown, but any water leaking inside of that will surely build up and my worry is that it might leak back through into the wall if the silicone around the pipe isn't 100% perfect......

I am very worried about a big leak here.
FYI these are all the original parts (new home) - I just need to change the washers in the mixer bar unit.

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 12
If there's no leak then it's probably fine. I'm assuming the plastic threaded outlets/feeds came with the shower by the looks of things although I've never come across them myself, maybe they're common in The Netherlands - don't suppose you have the installation instructions for the shower?

If there's no leak then it's probably fine. I'm assuming the plastic threaded outlets/feeds came with the shower by the looks of things although I've never come across them myself, maybe they're common in The Netherlands - don't suppose you have the installation instructions for the shower?

Hi..

Thanks, Keefy.
It's a new UK home and I don' have the instructions, unfortunately. I'm just going to put the pipe collars on and fingers crossed no leaks!

Reply to Shower pipe fittings in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone I hope you can help. We were getting some work done and our builder attached the boiler condensate pipe to the sink waste pipe. This was all then covered with dot and dab. Shown in the picture, red arrow. So the only thing visible now is a round pipe from the wall. We are yet to fit...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Shower is leaking into downstairs when water is being aimed at wall . All sealant has been redone on outside and between shower tray and wall at the bottom on inside , can’t spot any leakages here. It runs down the wall downstairs beneath shower in lines , when water is sprayed at the...
Replies
Views
Hi, came across this old push fit waste pipe. Stripped out the old shower and it was a 40mm waste pipe siliconed in the fitting. The fittings at floor level so I’d be looking to bend (90 degrees) straight away so I can get the lowest possible shower tray. Could someone advise what I could...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, hope all is well! I’ve fitted a compression cap on two of my shower mixer copper pipes (15mm). One of them has scratches and burring and is very slightly out of shape. It leaked but I added some PFTE tape over the olive and it seems to of done the job. However… I’m tiling the wall and...
Replies
Views
J
I have an existing shower which I've removed and exposed the two pipes from the wall. If I was taking a guess they're around 2cm ish in diameter. I have the Mira shower here is the instruction guide...
Replies
Views
JamiePattison
J
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock