Discuss Shower outlet product help! in the DIY Bathroom Remodelling Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Reaction score
Hi I am a first time homeowner and am looking for a product which I can't seem to find on my own. Basically my shower hose broke so I took off the outlet, the hose and showerhead.
I have replaced the hose and showerhead but can't find an appropriate outlet (right now the hose is just connected directly into the wall which it screws into nicely). However as there's no outlet the pressure isn't fantastic and it looks strange, I need a proper outlet.
My problem is I can't find an outlet which will screw into where the hose is currently screwed into anywhere. It screws into a standard hose though... does anyone know of an outlet product that will screw onto the protruding bit of pipe which is already there?
I bought this yesterday Wall Union Elbow and it doesn't fit, it's basically the same size as the pipe coming out of the wall. I need something that will screw over this on the back of an outlet... I hope that makes sense.
Sorry for the shocking lack of knowledge on my part. Thanks

Test4Less - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

ShaunCorbs

S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Reaction score
Any pics of your existing set up

snowhead

Plumber
Reaction score
Where's the old Outlet or what was wrong with it?
Is it still in the end of the old hose?

OP
S
Reaction score
Hi thanks for replying. I don't right now but I will take a few when I get back in from work and post here. Thanks Shaun

OP
S
Reaction score
Where's the old Outlet or what was wrong with it?
Is it still in the end of the old hose?
It was so old that the hose was completely stuck inside, I couldn't get it out so I had to just remove it with the hose attached.

OP
S
Reaction score
Any pics of your existing set up
Hi again thanks for waiting for these. So the first image is what it looked like before, this was removed and the not very nice hole in the wall is what is left. I added in a pic of the dial aswell to show the make. I already googled and they don't do the spare part I need anymore (the original outlet with the hose coming out) hope that makes sense. Thanks again

IMG_20190628_072827.jpg

IMG_20190709_214545.jpg

IMG_20190709_214540.jpg

IMG_20190709_214602.jpg

IMG_20190709_214605.jpg

rpm

Plumber
Reaction score
If nobody here can help you could send the photos to the shower doctor. Com

Using the phone or would add the link

snowhead

Plumber
Reaction score
The Elbow you bought has a 1/2" Male fitting to go into the wall.
You need a 1/2" Female. (yes they are standard pipe fitting terms:))
The majority of fittings for this item are Male.

Looking at the one you bought, it may be that the brass threaded (nipple) on the back might unscrew leaving you with a Female connection as required.
Or alternately the nipple from your old elbow is what is left in the wall and just need removing.

There are plenty on this link but most don't show the wall connection.
Shower Wall Outlet | Shower Elbow

Last edited:
OP
S
Reaction score
The Elbow you bought has a 1/2" Male fitting to go into the wall.
You need a 1/2" Female. (yes they are standard pipe fitting terms:))
The majority of fittings for this item are Male.

Looking at the one you bought, it may be that the brass threaded (nipple) on the back might unscrew leaving you with a Female connection as required.
Or alternately the nipple from your old elbow is what is left in the wall and just need removing.

There are plenty on this link but most don't show the wall connection.
Shower Wall Outlet | Shower Elbow
This is really helpful thank you. Sadly the outlet I already bought doesn't seem to unscrew but I will investigate the shower tonight and see if there is in fact a bit of the old shower part left. Hopefully this is the case and I don't need to buy anything else. If not, I'll try to find one with the 1/2 female attachment like you mentioned. Is there any advice on where to find a fitting like this if the fitting information isn't often detailed on the shopping pages? I had a google and nothing obvious is coming up.

Reply to Shower outlet product help! in the DIY Bathroom Remodelling Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Test4Less PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
uHeat Forum Sponsor - PlumbersForums.net
Corgi Direct - Plumbers Forums Sponsor
Plumbase - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Wetroom Store - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Power Shower Booster - Official PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Plumbing Advice - Find Plumbers Jobs

Test

Top Bottom