Search the forum,

Discuss Shower not getting hot in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I'm a fairly regular on the electricians forum but know nothing! about plumbing.

Basically all other taps get hot but the shower is luke warm. It's not mine but belongs to a little old lady. She had it replaced lately and I don't have the heart to tell her its not fixed. It's a bar-type shower.
It's not an electric shower.

There have been various problems but I think it might have been like this since she had a new boiler put in but I'm not sure.

Please can anyone give any advice or recommend a good and honest plumber in Surrey. Like I said on ectriciansforums.net I assume a good plumber could figure out the problem in minutes.

If I took it of the wall and sorry if this is stupid to you guys I would have a cold and a hot pipe is that correct?
and If I turned the water on the hot should be coming out boiling hot is that correct? and I could also check the pressure?

Last edited:
Yes, there should be 2 pipes, hot and cold. It might be that they’re reversed too, eg, shower hot to cold pipe and vice versa. Yes you should get hot water from the hot, not boiling. You could check the pressure of both too.

Maybe, without taking if off the wall, isolate the cold water then turn on the shower, you should get hot water until it reaches the shower set temperature of ~ 35/40c, then the flow of water should stop completely. (assuming a thermostatic shower).

Reply to Shower not getting hot in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I've seen a previous thread that is closed now regarding this subject but the end result I could not see. Our Shower runs hot for 30 seconds then cold. I have changed the thermostat and it still runs cold after 30 seconds. If we run the hot tap it is better but at best, luke warm. We have a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have fitted an electric shower, teed off the toilet cold feed (Mains) The pressure for the shower is very very poor just dribbling out. Pressure is fine Lpm is fine Fitted loads like this before and never had a problem Any suggestions ?
Replies
Views
Hello. My mixer shower (non-electric) recently started running luke warm. I know this can happen at this time of year over winter but I've been in the property over 10 years and it's never been this bad before. The combi boiler was checked and is ok. The hot water from taps is uneffected and...
Replies
Views
hello all, happy new year! i hope i have posted this in the right section i have a shower bar mixer. the shower runs luke warm. a quick google search showed some ideas on how to adjust it. i tried adjusting it and it didn't change the temp. when i adjusted it the other way to test the cold...
Replies
Views
I have just had a boiler, hot water tank and power shower pump replaced on advice by my plumber. I have two separate boilers, heat/hotwater systems in the house. This boiler was replaced by a combi boiler as it only heats the lounge and master bed and provides hot water to en-suite bathroom and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock