Search the forum,

Discuss shower not draining - posted previously as guest in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Caroline Smith

Hi there
We are having issues with our shower draining. We have a plunger which we have used several times. We find that the water drains easily when the plunger is used even briefly but then the problem returns the next time the shower is used. We have tried using chemicals to unblock as well as repeatedly using the plunger as recommended for blockages. My boyfriend thinks it may be the plumbing itself being a bit dodgy. I wondered if there were any other ideas for things we could try to sort this or what the reason might be for the water needing the plunger to start draining every time?*
Thanks*

When we remove the metal strainer part the issue remains the same - the water backs up, we use the plunger one or two times and it drains easily until the next shower

Is this a recent development or has it always been a problem.
If so has the problem been getting steadily worse?

We moved into the house last October. It's been a bit of an ongoing issue since moving in. I've been using the shower rather than the bath more often in the last few months so it's become more noticeable with two of us using the shower each day

If it is airlocking then I'm guessing we'd need to get a professional in? Is this likely to be quite an expensive issue?
Thanks

If it is airlock in waste pipe it is probable joists prevented straight gradient on waste pipe.
Test as per my initial post and if confirmed leave out centre of shower trap. If no adverse smells then trap formed in waste pipe is doing job and no need for second trap in shower outlet.

If it is airlocking then I'm guessing we'd need to get a professional in? Is this likely to be quite an expensive issue?
Thanks

Could be a simple fix but could also be a mare. Its one of those that until you get a look you cant tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to shower not draining - posted previously as guest in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock