Search the forum,

Discuss Shower/Mixer tap diverter valve issue. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Can someone advise me please. On this mixer tap, when it runs the bath taps, all is fine, when the handle is switched to shower, it spurts slightly from the diverter valve. I've taken the handle off, as per photo....is this a simple case of, removing the valve somehow and replacing a washer,? Or is the whole thing broken? Thanks in advance.

DSC_0607.JPG

it probably has some orings inside. try to remove it and see if you can change them. never had one out as we usually replace tap when to get to this age. good luck :)

Welcome! Did you fix your issue?

Welcome! Did you fix your issue?

Hi. I haven't tried yet to be honest. As the previous reply wasn't too sure. I mainly wanted to know if anyone has ever taken one of these off and fixed a leak with a new washer etc, but it appears maybe most people would just replace the taps.

Ah well let us know how you get on :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Shower/Mixer tap diverter valve issue. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock