Search the forum,

Discuss Shower mixer delivers only hot water in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

ade

Hi team,

new day, new question.

Yesterday I tried to use the shower we have upstairs (we just moved in) and I have noticed that the mixer delivers only hot water. I have removed the top of the right tap (the one that you turn to chose the temperature) and I manually turned the tiny valve to see if there was an issue with the cover but the water temperature didn't change.

Now, I can see (and feel) that the right part of the mixer is hot and the right one is icy cold (you could see the cold water making that kind of condensation) but the water just goes hot.

Small side note, I set the temperature on my boiler at the maximum as otherwise the radiators were not getting hot enough and my boiler (a Greenstar i28) doesn't offer the option to chose the water temperature for taps and having a different one for the water radiator temperature.

The tap on the sink (in the same bathroom) works fine and it has a great pressure.

Do you think that the valve on the mixer is just broken? Is there a way to reset it?

Many thanks!

Reply to Shower mixer delivers only hot water in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock