Search the forum,

Discuss shower help - what is this? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
thanks for reading. Im trying to do a DIY repair on a shower. I need to replace this unit, because one of the valves leaks. The unit has 3 valves (on/off, temperature and selection of jets/shower head etc). I cannot find what it is i need to buy, can you help? There are no brand marks or anything on there.

Sorry about the state of it! Its not been in use for a short while.

Thanks
Paul

shower front.jpg
shower back.jpg

It’s not want you want to hear but I wouldn’t even bother if you don’t know the brand.

It looks like a cheap prefab all in one unit.

You need a new cartridge and without the brand, it’ll be practically impossible to find.

It’s not want you want to hear but I wouldn’t even bother if you don’t know the brand.

It looks like a cheap prefab all in one unit.

You need a new cartridge and without the brand, it’ll be practically impossible to find.
thats totally fine mate, great advice. In which case it brings a new problem... how do i find a like-for-like replacement? I tried that too and failed!

Thanks

I’ve been doing some research (needed as I’ve only ever fitted 2 of these shower pods).

I’m pretty sure this 3 dial, 4 outlet valve is what you’ll need.

Measure distance between handles to confirm. Looks like you need the threaded connection type.

I’d like to know the outcome to this, so please update us.

Thanks

The braided flexis at the back can be undone and capped off.
Then you can remove the cartridge from the mixer and see if you can find one that suits.
At least you can cap off the water supply while you search for a suitable cartridge.

Usually you don't have the option to cap the water lines off on a shower mixer.
Which makes searching for a suitable cartridge a lot harder.

Hi,
there has to be a better solution to a dripping shower valve than a new tray, enclosure and shower valve, surely?

Guess you didn’t see my post where I think I’ve solved it for you...

I’ve been doing some research (needed as I’ve only ever fitted 2 of these shower pods).

I’m pretty sure this 3 dial, 4 outlet valve is what you’ll need.

Measure distance between handles to confirm. Looks like you need the threaded connection type.

I’d like to know the outcome to this, so please update us.

Thanks

Reply to shower help - what is this? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock