Search the forum,

Discuss Shower glass issues. in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

L

Ljdan264

We’ve just had the bathroom fitters fit the new shower try in our attic bathroom. The house is a late Victorian, three story ’villa’ so the room for thenew bathroom was never intended to be a bathroom meaning the fitters are unable to sink the wastepipe into the floor completely. It is also a sloped ceiling and so requires the shower glass to fit before the slope.

When we booked this company , after our first choice of fitter falling through the week before they were due to start, they assured us they could make the showerwork so we could buy off the shelf glass. now the shower try is in they have told us to get 1900 height glass enclosure which needs to have 2 panels at a rightangle followed by a return on the longest side. This doesnt seem to be available off the shelf anywhere.

has anyone seen anything like this or should we go back to the fitter and tell them to do something with the tray so we can buy glass to fit?

n.b we wanted them to source the fittings for the bathroom but the fitter was reluctant to and since we had him on recommendation we ended us doing it ourselves as there were a few things we had chosen from working with the previous fitter.

1900 is readily available height.

Look for “loft” too but I think this is then only 1800, maybe 1850.

Persevere with google, I’m at work!

It’s not overly difficult/costly to buy the glass as custom sizes and make your own.

Reply to Shower glass issues. in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock