Search the forum,

Discuss shower feeds in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
got a customer who wants a new mixer shower fitting, there old shower is about 7 years old and they want it replacing, the supplies are, cold from separate tank, and hot is fed from the cylinder, what brand of shower would you recommend? Both are piped up in 15mm at the moment and the pressure is good on the current shower, but they don't know what the make is, thanks

Most showers are fine. Check its ok for system and I take it that both tanks are the same height?
As long as the centres are the same..... generally around 150mm then it should be an easy ask!
Personally i like mira showers but the price varys so much its up to them what they wanna spend

was the original one surface mounted or buried? although as the tiles are removed the previous question isn't really needed lol. as already said it all depends on their budget really anywhere from about £50 upwards.

In my opinion, all the low pressure mixer showers available pretty much work, but you do get what you pay for.
Advise the customer of this, whatever your labour charge is, tell them to add £100 for a basic shower that may last a good few years and also may be a bit temperamental, or they can spend an extra £300 for a shower with a good guarantee that will give them years of reliable service.
It's pointless trying to guess what they want, I've come a cropper many times trying to give the customer the lowest quote/price, so have gone for budget items, many times ending up fitting something that was a pain to get watertight, or to balance etc.
If they are prepared to pay for a decent one, you can't really go wrong with the known makes like Mira, Gainsborough/Aqualisa etc.
Put the ball in their court mate.

i would go for the gtx 2000 gainsborough electric (1mm twin and earth feed) pumped shower for around £100. gives a good power shower and cutomer will be happy.
easy to install.

it's a power shower hence only 1mm cable needed. takes both hot and cold feeds with an integral pump.

customer like the mixer shower look, look at the gainsbrough exposed valve, for around £120, it says its suitable for low pressure systems, any one got experience with this shower? thanks

If you mean the Ambassador, yeah, I've changed more cartridges in them than any other shower type, all the jobs I've been to with those had them in for about 7-10 years, so not bad really. Nice earner to be honest, the carts do cost about £70 for an Aqualisa one or £120 for a Gainsborough one - both identical.

just dont want to first fix my pipe work then have it tiled and discover the shower has rubbish pressure ( i know no one on the forum can help with this with out seeing the system im just winging) normally work on commercial stuff so not much knowledge on decent showers for gravity fed systems

There's 3 different kinds of cartridges, combi, pumped and low presure. They're different colours, I think the combi one is pink, not sure about the others. As long as you have the right cartridge I doubt you'll have any issues unless it's seriously low pressure. Do a quick google and you'll find the minimum pressure rating, I think it's 0.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to shower feeds in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock