Search the forum,

Discuss shower drain issue in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello, has leak in my bathroom which was leaking into garage. I cut into my ceiling in garage and the leak was from the shower drain. Went to shower and removed cover for drain which was easy, was able to lift up with a pair of pliers and no turning required. Was intending to check the gasket and make sure it was actually on but instead i found like a white thick material between the drain and drain pipe. Looks like a white clay that got hard to cover the gaps instead of a rubber gasket. is this an acceptable thing? what is it and do I use more of it to fill in some of the gaps I see? If more info is needed please let me know and thanks in advance, appreciate all the assistance.

91483925-7B71-4C0B-BC9E-7614FE32CCDF.jpeg
DD7DE076-0FCC-42AD-80F1-079DE3025E35.jpeg
91483925-7B71-4C0B-BC9E-7614FE32CCDF.jpeg

Reply to shower drain issue in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Please see attached pic. . . . I would like to replace the drain cover in my ensuite shower. Also, I am hoping, if possible, to replace the top part without taking the shower basin out (is that possible)? How / what with?
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some help on this shower drain installation. I’m about to install a corner shower kit in my basement bathroom. But I just found out the shower drain is actually extruded from the bottom of the shower base and I have concrete floor with the drain pipe rough in. I have the drain pipe...
Replies
Views
First of all, apologies, it seems this topic has been posted but don't believe my specific issue is covered. So been living in my Victorian house for almost 10 years, no issues. Have 2 bathrooms, 2 loos that all go to a large underground soakaway, I believe. I can only see one soil vent pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi, I live in a house that is 20yr old. There is a single soil stack running from the top floor (of three) through the first floor bathroom and then through the kitchen to the drains. A while back I started to hear a drip hitting the kitchen ceiling (now with some ceiling evidence too) from...
Replies
Views
Hello. I am planning to build a small half bath in my garage, next to a washing machine, using old showers plumbing. There was a stand-alone shower in the garage which has been removed. Unfortunately the pipes are only 1.5" on that side of the house since there's no bathroom and the house is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock