Search the forum,

Discuss Shower Barely Lukewarm Water in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi There,

Wondering if I could get some help please. I have had my shower for the past couple of years but the last few days I have noticed that the water has been barely lukewarm. Even if I turn the temperature to the hottest it still remains the same. Taps and other shower in the house are fine and after some googling it sounds like it could be catridge inside the shower and its better to replace?

This is my current shower:

PXL_20201120_201151733.jpg

Im looking to get this one to replace Mira Honesty ERD Mira Honesty ERD by Mira Showers - https://www.mirashowers.co.uk/showers/mixer-showers/mira-honesty-erd/

Few questions:

1) Im not very good with DIY, do you think I should get a plumber in to do this?
2) Should the replacement be a straightforward swap without tilework? Is the size of pipe inlet sometimes a problem or should it all be standardised?

Thanks, Really appreciate any help.

To install the replacement you will need tools and plumbing skills that are above average. To avoid disappointment it is best to call a plumber.

The fault might be something as simple as a blocked filter, particularly if you live in a hard water area. If you can isolate the hot and cold to the shower then you could:
1. Undo the two big nuts behind the shower body, which hold it to the wall.
2. See if there are any filters in the body where the pipes enter.
3. If there are, clean both.
4. Reassemble, turn the water on and test.

Unless you're confident with water maybe get a plumber to it.
The proposed new shower valve strait swap just check hight I've seen some that are fixed hight not go in!

To install the replacement you will need tools and plumbing skills that are above average. To avoid disappointment it is best to call a plumber.

Hi RayW - good advice I will do this. How much you think would be reasonable?

The fault might be something as simple as a blocked filter, particularly if you live in a hard water area. If you can isolate the hot and cold to the shower then you could:
1. Undo the two big nuts behind the shower body, which hold it to the wall.
2. See if there are any filters in the body where the pipes enter.
3. If there are, clean both.
4. Reassemble, turn the water on and test.

Thanks Steadyon, not too confident with even this - so If I get plumber out I think I will just get new one as the current one drips reguarly aswell long after use.

Unless you're confident with water maybe get a plumber to it.
The proposed new shower valve strait swap just check hight I've seen some that are fixed hight not go in!

HI Exedon, what do you mean by the height sir? From the centre of the valvle to the centre of the bracket at the top of the shower it about 81CM, the new Mira one Im looking at is 96cm but there is enough height in the bathroom to accomodate.

In this do you think the one I linked is decent or overkill? I can pick it up for £270.

Reply to Shower Barely Lukewarm Water in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock